“There is something truly magical about the way a little girl turns into her mother”-Chicken Soup for the Soul
Indeed it is true. My eldest daughter is now in college student. My two other daughters are now in high school..that leaves me with one little girl in elementary.
We have heard mothers complaining about how their children changed when they went to college or even high school…about how they have become less of a “sweet little kid”…about how they have forgotten birthdays, anniversaries and other important family celebrations…about how they have stopped making personalized cards….about how they simply CHANGED…
I say I am one lucky mom…why? My daughters may have grown up…they may have become big girls…but they never changed. .they are still my sweet, kind, and thoughtful little girls…
Here’s what my grown-up girls prepared for me on mother’s day.
This is what makes motherhood oh so rewarding.
1. They made me feel soooo beautiful
Well. ..this is the “cartoon” version of myself…as perceived by my daughters.
2. I know they love me despite my limitations
3. They know I am one tough mother, but at the same time they recognized my need for a “knight in my shining armor”
4. They always believed in me (they watched the same movies as I did)
5. They know that I am loved by many, but they make sure they love me the most
…happy mother’s day…